Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Wealthy Barber Returns

Three things to know about my one and only financial book, The Wealthy Barber Returns:
  1. Apparently, he "returns".  There is an original book out there, written many moons ago.  I didn't read it.
  2. There is no such thing as an actual wealthy barber (he made it up in the first book, presumably choosing the profession of barber to make saving seem attainable and easy)
  3. It has somehow managed to scare me into worrying about saving for my retirement.  I'm 26.
This book is great.  It's the only financial book I've ever read, and it may be the only one I ever read.  It explained the difference between RRSPs, RESPs, TFSAs, the list goes on.

I highly recommend this book.  I highly recommend that you don't run out and buy it, but borrow it from your local Public Library (post to come soon on why libraries rock).  

Trust me, the author won't be mad I suggested this.  I learned these things from him, after all.  The book was a gift from my Nana, so special shout out to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment